Elevated Levels Of Particulate Matter Are Projected To Be In The Unhealthy Range For Sensitive Groups
The City of Jacksonville's Neighborhoods Department, Environmental Quality Division is issuing an air quality advisory, as elevated levels of Particulate Matter are occurring today and projected through the weekend. The dust storm from the Sahara has reached Florida and is contributing to elevated Particulate Matter concentrations.
People with heart or lung disease, older adults, children and teens – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Avoid strenuous outdoor activities.
- Keep outdoor activities short.
- Consider moving physical activities indoors or rescheduling them.
Everyone else – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Choose less strenuous activities (like walking instead of running) so you don’t breathe as hard.
- Shorten the amount of time you are active outdoors.
- Be active outdoors when air quality is better.
The link below will direct you to the EPA AIRNOW web site which collects the Environmental Quality Division's data and provides the most current air quality data, and the air quality forecast for tomorrow, for the City of Jacksonville. The web site is located at the following web address: www.airnow.gov.