Volunteers are needed for the 25th
Annual St. Johns River Celebration cleanup event Saturday, March 21. Participants will spend the morning collecting litter and debris from more than 40 riverfront and inland sites. Following the cleanup event, volunteers are invited to enjoy an appreciation event at Riverside Arts Market. Pre-registration is not required. Volunteers must be over 18 years old or accompanied by an adult; this activity qualifies for community service credit. Trash bags, gloves and tickets for the appreciation event will be available at the cleanup locations.
Join volunteers around Duval County to help keep Jacksonville beautiful by removing litter and debris from parks, boat ramps and neighborhoods. There is a site near you! Areas of town include Arlington/Beaches, Naval Station Mayport, Urban Areas (Riverside, Avondale, San Marco, Murray Hill, Springfield), Southeast, Southwest, Northwest, Northeast and North. All volunteers must be 18 years old or accompanied by an adult.
Arlington/Beaches - 8 – 11 a.m.
Naval Station Mayport, Jetties Pavilion # 3 - 8 – 11 a.m.
*Exception: Volunteers must have base access or arrange for base access*
Urban/Riverside Avondale/San Marco/Murray Hill/Springfield - 9 – 11 a.m.
- 16th Ave. S. at the Ocean (8 – 10 a.m.)
- All Wet Sports/Beach Boulevard Boat Ramp, 8508 Beach Blvd.
- Leonard Abess Park, 12743 Leonard Abess Blvd.
- Arlington Lions Club Park, 4221-2 Richard Denby Gatlin Road
- Atlantic Boulevard at the Ocean (8 – 10 a.m.)
- Ed Austin Regional Park, 11751 McCormick Road
- Beach Boulevard at the Ocean (8 – 10 a. m.)
- Blue Cypress Park, 4012 University Blvd. N.
- Bruce Park, 6549 Arlington Road
- Castaway Island Preserve, 2921 San Pablo Road S.
- Exchange Island Canoe/Kayak required. Meet at Arlington Road Boat Ramp, 5137 Arlington Road
- Ft. Caroline National Memorial, 12713 Fort Caroline Road (9 – 11 a.m.)
- Glynlea Park, Meet at Ball Field, 6801 Altama Road
- Mike McCue Park and Boat Ramp, 2510 2nd Ave. N (9 – 11 a.m.)
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park, 500 Wonderwood Road *Exception: Volunteers must arrive before 9:30 a.m. to participate.
- Huffman Boulevard Park, 2775 Huffman Blvd.
- Mike McCue Park and Boat Ramp, 2510 2nd Ave. N. (9 – 11 a.m.)
- Reddie Point Preserve, 4499 Yachtsman Way
- Lonnie Wurn Boat Ramp/Ft. Caroline Club Park, 4131 Ferber Road
Southeast - 8 – 11 a.m.
- Azalea Creek/Boone Park, 3700 Park St. (8 – 11 a.m.)
- Flossie Brunson Eastside Park, 1050 Franklin St. (8 – 11 a.m.)
- Fishweir Creek/Fishweir Park, 3999 Valencia Road
- Five Points, Meet in front of Sun-Ray Cinema, 1028 Park St.
- Hollybrook Park, 319 Cherokee St.
- Historic Murray Hill, Murray Hill Public Library, 918 Edgewood Ave. S
- Klutho Park, Meet in parking lot across from the VA, 1536 N. Jefferson St. (9:45 a.m. – noon)
- Memorial Park, 1620 Riverside Ave.
- Northbank Riverwalk at Sydney J. Gefen Park, 505 Alfred DuPont Place
Southwest - 8 a.m. – noon
- Beach & Peach Urban Park, 10013 Anders Blvd.
- Burnett Park, 3740 Burnett Park Road
- John Lowe Boat Ramp at Goodbys Lake, 9020 San Jose Blvd.
- Mandarin Park (Mandarin Boat Ramp), 14780 Mandarin Road
- Pine Forest/Henry T. Jones Park, 3856 Grant Road
- River Oaks Park/Craig Creek, 1000 River Oaks Road
- Wayne B. Stevens Boat Ramp, 4555 Ortega Farms Blvd.
- Walter Jones Historical Park & County Dock Boat Ramp, 11964 Mandarin Road
- Cuba Hunter Park, 4380 Emerson St.
Northwest - 9 – 11 a.m.
- Ringhaver Park, 5198 118th St. (8 – 11 a.m.)
- Wayne B. Stevens Boat Ramp, 4555 Ortega Farms Blvd. (9 a.m. – noon)
Northeast - 8 –11 a.m.
- Bethesda Park, 10790 Key Haven Blvd. (8 – 11 a.m.)
- Lonnie Miller Park, 5054 Soutel Drive
- Riverview Park, 9620 W. Water St.
North - 8 – 11 a.m.
- Big/Little Talbot Island State Park
- Huguenot Memorial Park, 10980 Heckscher Drive
Note: This list is subject to change.
Volunteer Appreciation Event:
- North Shore Park, 7901 Pearl St. (9 – 11 a.m.)
- Oceanway Park, 12215 Sago Ave.
- Trout River Pier, Interstate 95 & Trout River
Riverside Arts Market
Riverside Avenue under the Fuller Warren (I-95) Bridge